In this White Paper, considerations in employee benefits for small businesses are discussed, including factors not prevalent in large businesses. These factors include:
1. Tax benefits in general (for all employees)
2. Tax shelter and benefits for owners (to the exclusion, in many instances, of non-owners)*
3. Hiring and retention factors (benefits may attract and retain better employees)
4. Insurance factors (health and death benefit protection)
5. Creditor Protection Issues
*Factor number 2 is less prevalent in “Big” businesses.