Spring will be here soon and that means it is time for the National Center For Employee Ownership (NCEO) Annual Employee Ownership Conference! More than 1,700 people will gather April 18-20, 2018, for the 2018 Employee Ownership Conference at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta.
This conference is where the employee ownership world meets. If you advise employee ownership companies or are in management at an ESOP company or one with an employee ownership culture, then you must look into this conference.
The U.S. presently has more than 6,000 employee ownership companies that employ at least 10 million people. These companies grow 2.5% per year faster than they would have without employee ownership, and research released by the NCEO in 2017 shows that employee-owners have 92% greater net household wealth and 33% greater income from wages than non-employee-owners. Companies choose employee ownership as a tax-favored means of business transition, as well as a way to engage employees. As employee ownership has grown, the number of conference attendees has also grown by over 50% since 2011.
Butterfield Schechter LLP is proud to be sponsoring this conference again this year. Marc Schechter will be presenting on April 18, 2018 at 10:30 a.m. about Considerations Involving ESOP Acquisition Transactions Following an Initial Transaction.
As a sponsoring organization, we are able to offer our clients and contacts the following discount codes which can be inserted into your registration form.
$35 off the price of the main conference per attendee | 18Save35
$25 off the price of any of the preconference sessions per attendee | 18Save25
For more information and to register, go to the NCEO website at www.nceo.org. We urge interested companies to register soon, as this conference often sells out in advance!
Highlights of the conference include:
- Thursday Morning General Session Panel: Harnessing the Power of Employee Ownership! Dallan Guzinski, NCEO will set the stage for this powerful presentation featuring Shawn Eastham (Polyguard), Kimberly Jones (Butler/Till), and Michael Quarrey (Web Industries)
- Over 135 breakout sessions in five learning tracks
- On April 17, five preconference sessions are offered over the whole day --two sessions in the morning, three in the afternoon--so attendees are not limited to taking just one session.
- New this year: Short Takes on Great Ideas and Campfire Sessions. Participants can attend either a participatory campfire session OR choose one of many great new ideas they can “copy/paste” into their own companies!
- Opportunities to network, discuss, learn, and share--including at an off-site networking.
What past participants say about this conference:
"Fantastic job—extraordinary amount of brainpower present. We will never miss one of these, and we'll send at least 3 people from our company every year.”
“This was my first year attending the conference, and it exceeded all of my expectations. Definitely worth the investment to go. A great learning experience.”
“The conference was packed with great, useful information and one of the best I've attended. I already look forward to next year!”
“A great conference; I learned a lot of information. I also had great networking opportunities and good ideas to take back to my company. Thanks!”
The NCEO (www.nceo.org) is a self-sustaining nonprofit membership organization that provides practical resources and objective, reliable information on ESOPs, equity compensation plans, and ownership culture. Learn more about employee ownership from the NCEO (www.nceo.org) or our informational Web site www.esopinfo.org.